Competence, commitment and care lead our way and combine us. Hopefully you share our values on your journey to become the newest member of the Qvantelee family! Due to our business growth, we are strengthening our Service Operations Europe unit with a passionate
In the role of Security Specialist you participate in the development and management of the availability, capacity, scalability and security of Qvantel service platforms. You are a member of the Information Security team as a part of Qvantel Service Operations Europe unit. You also work in close co-operation with our Product and Delivery units as well as Qvantel’s customers, partners and collaborators.
As a Security Specialist you will get a broad view of services Qvantel provides to its customers. The role will give you possibility to utilize your skills in multiple ways, as well as develop your own expertise. As a part of the Information Security team member, you have the possibility to develop our security culture from different aspects, allowing you to utilize your skills in multiple ways, as well as develop your own expertise.
The primary site is Finland: Jyväskylä but Helsinki, Tampere and Italy: Rome are possibilities as well.
The competences you will bring with you:
– Experience in Security Architecture, Risk and/or Privacy, or an industry role with equivalent exposure
– Ability to apply appropriate mitigation/controls based upon level of risk
– Understanding of security landscape and interest in modern cybersecurity threats and computer attacks
– Experience and knowledge of good security practices (e.g. ISO 27001, NIST)
– Motivated self-starter, with excellent capability for rapid learning
– Strong communication skills both written and verbal in English and Finnish
The skills that will help you:
– Information security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, GIAC, OSCP or more technical certifications relating to security domain
– Hands on experience of common commercial and/or open source vulnerability assessment tools
– Incident Response skills
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, equivalent experience, or training
– Flexibility to travel every now and then, time traveling capabilities are a big plus
Changing the game with us!
We offer interesting and challenging work in a fast-growing, customer-oriented tech-driven company! There are plenty of opportunities to learn, grow and progress in your career as we are simultaneously doing the same ourselves. Check more of the scenes behind the growth from our blog.
At Qvantel we have built a young, dynamic, international culture where people are motivated to learn and develop themselves, are used to working both independently as well as in teams, have a systematic, hands on working style and a can-do attitude. Our people are used to communicate across other cultures and time zones. A sense of humor can also come in handy.
Don’t hesitate to ask for more information from Saku Pietilä via +358 46 600 1078 or saku.pietila(a)qvantel.com. We will fill the position as soon as we find suitable candidate. Please send your application with CV and salary request using our application form below with no delay, and by May 7th at the latest.