Release Engineer (for Operations)
Competence, commitment and care lead our way and combine us. Hopefully you share our values on your journey to become the newest member of the Qvantelee family! Due to our business growth we are strengthening our Operations unit with a passionate
As a Release Engineer you will be responsible for negotiating, planning, executing and managing release activities. You will be working in close co-operation with project teams and other internal and external stakeholders. You understand how the software is packaged to containers and delivered and deployed to target environments. You are actively developing our environments to minimize the manual effort in SW logistics. If required, you can manage SW deployments manually.
Your role includes:
– Developing automation for deployments considering various environments
– Managing, automating and documenting release and configuration changes
– Managing, automating and documenting release process (tagging source, labeling & versioning artifacts, integrating automated tests, preparing automated dashboard etc.)
– Maintaining environments including e.g. configurations and databases
– Troubleshooting and fixing issues in timely manner in collaboration with different stakeholders
– May need to administer system software and OS issues (like firewall settings, system services, network settings etc.)
– Creating and maintaining release log file
The primary site is Helsinki. In this position we require fluency in Finnish and English.
The competences you will bring with you:
– Engineer with 5-10 years of experience
– Analytical approach to issues, capability to see the big picture
– Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
– Desire to learn new domains and understand complex issues, ability to change according to changing business requirements
– Proven track record with release engineering related activities
– Experience with Linux and Docker
– Fluency in Finnish
The skills that will help you:
– Proven track record in working with the modern IT, Communications Service Provider and/or Telecommunications landscape
– Ability to implement a project schedule and to handle multiple priorities
– Knowledge of instance orchestration tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
– Capability for SW process and architectural modelling
– Experience in Agile development
– Experience of Telecom and BSS environments
Changing the game with us!
We offer interesting and challenging work in a fast-growing, customer-oriented tech-driven company! There are plenty of opportunities to learn, grow and progress in your career as we are simultaneously doing the same ourselves. Check more of the scenes behind the growth from our blog.
At Qvantel we have built a young, dynamic, international culture where people are motivated to learn and develop themselves, are used to working both independently as well as in teams, have a systematic, hands on working style and a can-do attitude. Our people are used to communicate across other cultures and time zones. A sense of humor can also come in handy.
Don’t hesitate to ask for more information from Joonas Kolmonen via +358 50 360 4060. We will fill the position as soon as we find suitable candidate. Please send your application with CV and salary request using our application form below with no delay, and by May 7th at the latest.