We are strengthening our Delivery Release Management Team with a passionate:
Release Engineer to work in our Hyderabad site.
You will be joining a multicultural team of engineers and developers.
– Engineer with 5-10 years of experience
– Analytical approach to issues, capability to see the big picture
– Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
– Desire to learn new domains and understand complex issues, ability to change according to changing business requirements
– Proven track record with release engineering related activities
– Experience with Linux and Docker
Role & Responsibilities:
As a Release Engineer you will be responsible for negotiating, planning and managing release activities. You will be working in close co-operation with project teams and other internal and external stakeholders. You understand how the software is packaged to containers and delivered and deployed to target environments. If required, you can manage SW deployments manually.
Your role includes:
– Develops automation for deployments considering various environments
– Manages and automates configuration changes
– Manages and automates release process (tagging source, labeling & versioning artifacts, integrating automated tests, prepares automated dashboard)
– Maintains environments with application configuration issues including databases and troubleshoots and fixes any issues in a timely manner so as to avoid developer downtime
– May need to administer system software and OS issues (like firewall settings, system services, network settings etc)
– Proven track record in working with the modern IT, Communications Service Provider and/or Telecommunications landscape
– Ability to implement a project schedule and to handle multiple priorities
– Knowledge of instance orchestration tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
– Capability for SW process and architectural modelling
– Experience in Agile development
– Experience of Telecom and BSS environments
Changing the game with us!
We offer interesting and challenging work in a fast-growing, customer-oriented tech-driven company! There are plenty of opportunities to learn, grow and progress in your career as we are simultaneously doing the same ourselves. Check more about our current business growth from our blog!
At Qvantel we have built a young, dynamic, international culture where people are motivated to learn and develop themselves, are used to working both independently as well as in teams, have a systematic, hands on working style and a can-do attitude. Our people are used to communicate across other cultures and time zones. A sense of humor can also come in handy.
Don’t hesitate to ask for more information from Srinivas Bollipally via srinivas.bollipally(a)qvantel.com. We will fill the position as soon as we find suitable candidate. Please send your application with CV and salary request using our application form below with no delay.