Lead Software Developer
Competence, commitment and care lead our way and combine us. Hopefully you share our values on your journey to become the newest member of the Qvantelee family!
Customization team is part of Delivery organization and responsible for developing customer specific customizations and integrations on top of our core products. We are working in customer delivery projects and collaborate actively with our internal stakeholders and also directly with customers.
We are now strengthening our Customization team in Helsinki, Jyväskylä, Tampere, Karlskrona and Hyderabad with new
Lead Software Developers
As a Lead Software Developer in Customization team you will join customer delivery project and work as a senior developer in the software development team implementing the integrations between Qvantel BSS stack and telecom operators BSS/OSS systems and third party solutions in the customer infrastructure. You will also participate in design, specification, testing, documentation and maintenance of the integrations, and coach and lead development team for high performance. Additionally, responsibilities cover performance optimization of the integrations in the way they will meet and exceed customer expectations. You will also have an opportunity to create the best practices and offer guidance on the customization methods.
We are looking for passionate senior developer that is a pro-active solution finder and able to grasp complex systems quickly. You are not afraid to voice concerns and give creative solution proposals when there are several ways to reach the desired outcome.
The competences you will bring with you:
– Minimum 5 years of experience in software development
– Experience in telecommunication OSS/BSS domains, related protocols and frameworks
– HTTP, JSON, SOAP, XML, TCP/IP, SMPP, SS7, standard RFC protocols (SMTP, FTP, etc)
– Frameworks such as Akka, messaging queues
– Programming languages: Scala, Python, Java, Perl
– Other catch words: Linux, Docker containers, GIT
– Customer-facing experience
– Ability to travel a few weeks a year to customer sites globally
– Willingness to do hands-on teamwork in a global team
– Coaching and mentoring of more junior developers
– Fluent English language is a must, other languages like Russian, Spanish, Arabic and Finnish are appreciated.
The skills that will help you:
– Independent working attitude
– Ability to meet deadlines and high ambition level
– Previous experience of working as a part of a global team
– Previous experience in building virtualization environments
– Understanding of telecommunications operators’ business processes
Changing the game with us!
We offer interesting and challenging work in a fast-growing, customer-oriented tech-driven company! There are plenty of opportunities to learn, grow and progress in your career as we are simultaneously doing the same ourselves. Check more about our current business growth from our blog!
At Qvantel we have built a young, dynamic, international culture where people are motivated to learn and develop themselves, are used to working both independently as well as in teams, have a systematic, hands on working style and a can-do attitude. Our people are used to communicate across other cultures and time zones. A sense of humor can also come in handy.
Don’t hesitate to ask for more information from careers(a)qvantel.com. We will fill the position as soon as suitable candidates are found. Please send your application with CV and salary request using our application form below with no delay.